Keramik 10 Liter Fermenting Crock Pot
Click to enlarge image(s)
A Product from Germany – Kerazo, Form 2, Includes Crock, Lid, Stones & Manual
K&K Keramik is well known for beautiful hand-made pottery and rum pots. K&K also makes Gartopf Fermenting Crocks with the same high quality standards and beauty. These “Form 2” style fermenting pots, known under the name “Kerazo” in Europe, are hand crafted, made in Germany, and designed in a modern, functional bulbous shape with side handles. Each crock comes complete with pot, lid, weighing stones, and instruction/recipe book. This fermenting crock is very attractive, sturdy, easy to use and quite functional.
- Crock comes with body, lid, stones and recipe book
- High quality traditional German hand-made ceramic
- Deep gully – allows expelling of gas; prevents entry of insects, dust and air Made in modern Bulbous shape
- Handles on two sides for ease of lifting and transporting
- K & K Gärtopf bodies are formed in a single piece
- Beautiful speckled, earthen brown and copper coloring with smooth, shiny finish
- Thick .6” (1.5cm) base ensures stability; walls are approximately .4”
- K & K ceramic fermentation pots are fired at 1260 ° C
- Safe - Free of Lead and Cadmium
- Useable for sauerkraut, pickled vegetables, Kim chi, and even wine
- Acid resistant
- Dishwasher Safe
Make natural nutrition-packed sauerkraut and pickled vegetables with this stoneware crock pot from Germany. Through the years, sauerkraut has been recognized as one of the healthiest foods, and was even used on sailing ships to protect sailors from scurvy. Natural lactic acid fermentation is one of the oldest and healthiest means of food preservation. It allows natural, beneficial bacteria to perform a fermentation process in which vegetables develop a pleasantly sour taste and remain rich in vitamins and minerals. Lactic acid fermentation is the only method of preservation that retains all the natural plant ingredients while improving the quality, taste and aroma.
- Height is measured to top of lid
- Diameter is measured handle to handle
- Weight is standing weight – pot, stones, & lid
Please be aware: Crock pots tend to be rather large and heavy, which will affect the cost of shipping.
Country of Origin
24 lbs. (18x18x24 box = 47 lbs Dim Wt).