1. Is it safe to order online with Store-It Foods? Without going into a great many details, the answer to this question is a simple "yes." We offer secure credit card processing. Your browser may confirm this for you. There is a good chance that a pop-up may appear informing you that "The Web site you are viewing is a secure site. It uses a security protocol such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or PCT (Private Communications Technology) to secure the information you send and receive."
2. If this site is so secure, then why do I get an error message such as this appearing?
There is no need for great concern. This merely indicates that there is a mixture of secure and non-secure items on the page being opened. The non-secure items are generally in the form of banners or images of some kind. Microsoft puts it thusly: "When you receive the error message, you can click Yes, No, or More Info. If you click Yes, the Web page displays both the secure and non-secure items. If you click No, the non-secure items are not displayed on the Web page and the Secure Lock indicator is displayed on the status bar. If you click More Info, the Downloading insecure content from a secure Web site Help topic is displayed."
If you feel safer by clicking "No", you will no longer have any non-secure items showing. This means, of course, that you may not be able to see some of the images, but you will still have full functioning of the page. It will not hinder your placement of an order, or your surfing of the site, both of which you can do in full assurance of security. no matter which choice you make.
3. I know this is a Secure Site, but I am reluctant to reveal my credit card number to too many sources. Is there some way around this? Yes, there is. We would recommend using PayPal. This allows you to make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information. Using PayPal is doubly safe, for even if you do opt to use your credit card, PayPal will do the processing for you, and though your payment is received by Store-It Foods, your credit card information is not. Confidentiality is maintained.
4. What forms of payment do you accept? Shopping at Store-It Foods means you will be able to use your VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discovery cards all of which can be processed through PayPal. And, of course, there is PayPal itself.
5. Does my dealing with your site mean I am going to be put on all sorts of mailing lists? That is definitely NOT our policy. We do not and will not sell or rent your personal information. We respect your privacy, and whatever information you provide us will be used internally only.
6. What if I change my mind? Can I return my purchase? If the product is unused, the answer to that is, "Yes," although some restrictions apply. Please check out our shipping and return policies for more details.
7. Do you ship to Canada? Shipping is available to all states in the Continental United States as well as to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. There are a few products which we cannot, at present, arrange to have shipped into Canada. In each case these exceptions will be noted for you.
8. If Store-It Foods has a Canadian presence why does it cost more to ship to Canada? The answer to this one is a simple one. Store-It Foods deals directly with the manufacturer or their designated representative. Orders are shipped directly from these locations. This eliminates double shipping costs, but with all of these locations being located in the United States, that makes a Canadian shipment an International shipment and, consequently, more expensive.